What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer by webpages. These tools play a key role in providing numerous services in the information society. Among others, they allow webpages to store and recover the information on the browsing habits of users and their computers and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies, depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained:
- Own cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment or domain managed by the editor and from which the service asked by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from an equipment or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained by means of the cookies.
In case the cookies are installed from an equipment or domain managed by the editor, but the information gathered by them is processed by a third party, these cannot be considered own cookies.
There is also a second classification depending on the time they keep stored in the customer’s browser:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data as the user accesses a webpage. They are normally used to store information which is only interesting to keep to provide the service on just one occasion (for example, a list a purchased products).
- Persistent cookies: Data keeps stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period of time determined by the responsible of the cookies that can vary between some minutes to several years.
Lastly, there is another classification with six types of cookies depending on the purpose for which the data is processed:
- Technical cookies: Those that allow the user to navigate a webpage, platform or app, and the use of the different options of services in them, such as traffic control, data communication, identification of session, access to restricted parts, reminder of the elements of an order, conduct a purchasing process, sign up, participation in an event, use of security elements when browsing, storage of elements to share video or audio, or share contents on social media.
- Personalisation cookies: They allow the user to access the service with some predetermined general features according to certain criteria on the user’s computer such as language, type of browser from which the service is accessed, regional settings, etc.
- Analysis cookies: They allow the responsible to monitor and analyse the user’s behaviour in the websites they are linked to. The information gathered by these cookies is used to measure the activity in website, apps or platforms and to create browsing profiles for the users of these website, apps and platforms with the aim to make improvements depending on the data analysis of the users of this service.
- Advertising cookies: They allow efficient management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: They store users’ data obtained from the continuous monitoring of their browsing habits, which allows to create a specific profile to show advertisements depending on their features.
Disabling and elimination of cookies
You can allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer from the settings of the browser. By disabling cookies, some of the services will no longer be available. The way of disabling cookies is different in each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also go to the Help menu in the browser in which you will find instructions. The user will be able to choose what cookies they want to be operative on the website at all times.
You can allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer from the settings of the browser.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
You can also manage storage of cookies in your browser or with tools such as the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your Online Choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used in www.jaisfa.es
The cookies used in this website as well as their type and function are explained below:
Cookies policy acceptance
With this information, it is possible to perform the following actions:
- Accept cookies: This warning will not be visualised again when accessing any page of the website during the current session.
- Close: The warning is hidden from the page.
- Modify settings: Obtain more information on cookies, now the Cookies Policy on: www.jaisfa,es and modify your browser settings.
Last revision: January 2019